Academic Credits and CEU

What is the difference between academic credits and continuing education units?

The choice of selecting an academic or continuing education unit is a personal one. If you are getting your BA/BS or MA/MS, you may want to go for the academic units. If you are getting more units for an increase in pay you may want to go for the continuing education units. Students taking courses for CEU must finish in the semester for which they registered -- there are no incompletes for CEU.

Are these courses approved for CARES Plus Component A?

These courses have been approved for the CARES Plus Component A and are available at no cost or at a reduced cost to participants who meet application criteria and until the CDE-funded spaces are filled. For more information

Are these regular university credits and are they transferable?

This is a California State University Channel Islands (CSUCI) Extended Education course and may be transferred to a degree program. Most colleges and universities limit the number of extended education units they will accept as well as the number of units from other universities. If you are in a degree program, please print out the syllabus and take it to your academic advisor. They should be able to tell if you if it is accepted in your program.

How do I register for academic credits or CEU?

After you have registered for the course, you will be sent a welcome letter with links to the CSUCI Extended Education registration forms for academic credits or continuing education units (CEU). Complete the form and submit it to the address indicated. We will pass the form along to CSUCI along with your payment to complete the registration process.

How do I pay? Can I write a check? To whom do I write the check?

To register and pay for your course, follow the select Register in left navigation bar.

What do I have to do to in the course? What are the requirements for the course? Do I have homework? Are there any tests?

To get credit for taking a course, you will have to participate in all modules and submit the final assignments for each module.

Why do I have to give my SSN?

You must provide your Social Security Number because you are actually registering in a course with CSUCI.

If I change my mind, will I get a refund?

See the refund policy at the bottom of the registration form.

What if I have other questions?

If you have any other questions about this process, please contact